My trip to Honduras

I just returned to the US after visiting Honduras for the 5th time. I made the annual trip to Tegucigalpa (the capital) with my home church from Chicago. This trip was extra special because my mom was able to attend for the first time and see what a short term medical mission trip is like. After a week spent in Tegucigalpa, I traveled to the other side of Honduras, to visit Loma De Luz hospital. This is the clinic Kristen and I will serve in for our two-year commitment.

As always, God was faithful and set His blessing upon the entire trip. My travels plans were delayed due to bad weather in Columbus, but I arrived safely to Tegucigalpa only a day later than expected. Our team spent a terrific week together serving the Honduran people by giving them much needed medical care. Most importantly, we shared the love of Christ and His gospel with every patient. Many Hondurans came to faith for the first time and were added to Jesus's family. Praise be to God alone.

On Friday, I flew north to La Ceiba, a coastal city of about 200,000 people, where I met with Dr. McKenney, the founding physician of the Cornerstone Foundation and Loma De Luz hospital. I then made the bumpy drive heading east to the hospital, which is situated along the Caribbean coast near the small town of Balfate. Over the next 5 days I met the missionary families serving at the hospital and experienced a foretaste of what working in Honduras will be like. It was abundantly clear to me how God is causing this work to prosper for His glory. There is a wonderful sense of true community and deep joy among the missionaries. The hospital staff provide compassionate and quality care to all the patients who enter their doors. I was impressed by some of the medical and surgical complexity which the hospital is able to handle despite its small size and rural location. I definitely received affirmation and encouragement from the Spirit that this is where God is calling Kristen and I in this next chapter of life. In itself, this was a huge answer to prayer. 


Many thanks to our friends and supporters for all of your prayers! As we prepare to move to Honduras, would you consider financially supporting us and the ministry at Loma de Luz? If so, follow this link. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of our Journey with World Medical Mission